Updated BladeD Graphics Creator

Email
Submitted on: 5/16/2020 11:45:46 AM
By: Eddie Bole 
Level: Intermediate
User Rating: By 2 Users
Compatibility: VB 6.0
Views: 1053

This program makes cool looking blade like graphics designs. Update includes: added green and blue colours, inclusion of banding effect along blades as shown in the screen shot (you can also make each blade smooth and shiny by adjusting the 2nd scroll bar), change dark shadow to opposite side in each pattern (2nd scroll bar adjustment) and an extra skewed diagonal pattern that gives a perspective view (as opposed to the parallel along the diagonal one). I still have a problem with the Blue pattterns, with one of the bands going missing most of the time. If there are 4 bands, then the Blue patterns are OK. It's got me really perplexed. Only happens for the blue colour. I thought it may be some rounding off error or incorrect data type. GRAPHICS GURUS CAN YOU HELP ME OUT WITH THIS BUG? Enjoy and keep safe and SMILE!

winzip iconDownload code

Note: Due to the size or complexity of this submission, the author has submitted it as a .zip file to shorten your download time. Afterdownloading it, you will need a program like Winzip to decompress it.Virus note:All files are scanned once-a-day by Planet Source Code for viruses, but new viruses come out every day, so no prevention program can catch 100% of them. For your own safety, please:
  1. Re-scan downloaded files using your personal virus checker before using it.
  2. NEVER, EVER run compiled files (.exe's, .ocx's, .dll's etc.)--only run source code.
  3. Scan the source code with Minnow's Project Scanner

If you don't have a virus scanner, you can get one at many places on the net including:McAfee.com

Other 164 submission(s) by this author

Report Bad Submission
Use this form to tell us if this entry should be deleted (i.e contains no code, is a virus, etc.).
This submission should be removed because:

Your Vote

What do you think of this code (in the Intermediate category)?
(The code with your highest vote will win this month's coding contest!)
Excellent  Good  Average  Below Average  Poor (See voting log ...)

Other User Comments

5/8/2020 4:39:45 AMEddie Bole

I am currently experimenting with a few more designs, but at the moment I have only included 5 types. here in Oz we had a cold wet snap, then lots of wind yesterday. Today we are back to almost nice again. Literally 3 seasons within a few days.
(If this comment was disrespectful, please report it.)

5/8/2020 5:08:33 PMKenneth Foster

I really like this one. Can't wait for some more. You have it same weather as I do.

5/10/2020 2:57:44 PMKenneth Foster

I can change the colors but not in a predicable color pattern. Just add a color (ex:vbBlue) to the end of the picture.line code. (ex: + vbBlue) don't change anything just add it. see if that works for you

5/13/2020 1:18:03 AMEddie Bole

Thanks Kenneth for the tip. I worked out how to change it to Blue and Green using RBG( 0, percent, 0) and sort of worked out the translation part, but there is a small error with a blue band going missing. I'm trying to get it to make any colour and not just Red, Green or Blue. Here in Oz. the weather has gotten cold, so that doesn't produce a good working environment. The internet is also not working reliably. I also played around with the graph plot code, but got frustrated so it's very much work in (staggered) progress at the moment, while feeling miserably cold.

5/22/2020 7:23:15 PMEddie Bole

With the Blue colour pattern bug, it does not occur when the 1st slider is at zero. Also when this 1st slider is changed the dark bank appears at 3.5 blades, with the extra 1/2 appearing after the dark black band. So it sort of appears that I either have to work on a round off/truncation error due to integer mixed with long calculations or I have to set things so that they appear in lots of 4 by doing /4 or \4 (mod 4) somewhere in the colour part of the line code. Just my thoughts on the fixing the blue colour problem.

Add Your Feedback
Your feedback will be posted below and an email sent to the author. Please remember that the author was kind enough to share this with you, so any criticisms must be stated politely, or they will be deleted. (For feedback not related to this particular code, please click here instead.)

To post feedback, first please login.